STEAM Resources for Students
Here are academic programs, courses, events, and opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students who are excited about exploring the intersections of art and science! Follow us on Instagram here.
Seize the Moment
Seize the Moment is an initiative of Leonardo, the Humanities Lab, and the Global Futures Laboratory at Arizona State University that addresses the grand challenges of the day through transdisciplinary arts, science, technological, and humanities collaborations in research, pedagogy, and public engagement. As a student, you can:
- Register for team-taught, interdisciplinary Leonardo labs
- Apply for up to $1,000 to fund lab action outcomes through Amplifier Mini-Grants
- Apply for up to $5,000 to continue working on outcomes through Beyond the Lab
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, visit http://bit.ly/SeizetheMomentASU.
Work With Us
The ASU-Leonardo Initiative needs:
- Volunteers with basic computer skills to help with data entry and data reorganization. The project will last for 1-2 weeks.
- Peer reviewers for Leonardo, our premier journal of record in the art/science/technology field for the past 50 years. Visit this link for more information.
- Research, special projects, and social media interns
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please email email@example.com.
STEAM Research Abstracts
Leonardo Abstracts Service
Leonardo Abstracts Service, under the direction of Leonardo International Co-Editor Sheila Pinkel, is an evolving, comprehensive database of thesis abstracts (PhD, Master's and MFA) on topics at the intersection of the arts, sciences and technology. This English-language database is hosted by Pomona College (Claremont, CA) and is part of the Leonardo Educators and Students program.
Events and Activities
Looking for STEAM experiences outside of the classroom? Stay tuned for upcoming STEAM events at ASU in Fall 2021!
There are many opportunities for learning STEAM at ASU, including the following:
- Leo Labs: Humanizing Digital Culture Fall 2021 course
- Arts, Media, and Engineering, undergraduate and graduate
- ASU Center for Science and the Imagination
- ASU School for the Future of Innovation in Society
ASU STEAM Organizations
Get involved on campus by joining a student organization that celebrates STEAM!
Clubs that mention STEAM in their names or descriptions and that are open to all students via Sun Devil Sync:
Graduate student organizations:
Clubs that are supported by specific ASU schools: